What You Need to Know About Van Signwriting
If you’re a small to medium-sized business that uses a company van for conveying your goods, then you may want to consider van signwriting in Perth. Van signage is growing in popularity over the years, especially for SMEs who are looking to promote their business in a cost-effective way.
Most people underestimate the power of using your company van as an advertising tool, but the reality is that sign written vans receive a lot of exposure from the general public. This makes your work vehicle an instant advertising tool that makes your business visible wherever you go.
If you’re interested in getting your van done, read on to find out how it can benefit you and your business operations.
- It is one of the cheapest forms of advertising
One of the major benefits of van signwriting is the overall value it delivers. After paying for the initial cost, your company van has turned into a long-term advertising tool that generates interest whether you’re driving to your clients or just parked up in the street.
Good signwriting lasts for around 5-7 years, thus making sign written vans one of the cheapest forms of advertising you can avail today.
- It won’t affect your insurance
While there are a ton of insurers out there and this may not be the case for all of them, however, a sign written van is actually a less viable target to thieves due to the recognisable logos and branding. You can take this a step further by adding simple stickers like “GPS-tracking” or “Zero valuables left in this vehicle” to discourage thieves from targeting your work vehicle.
In short, your insurance is unlikely to increase after having your van sign written. Chances are it may even be reduced because it helps reduce the risk of theft. Typically, insurers give discounts to their clients with sign written vans because it creates an impression of professionalism and trustworthiness.
- It makes your business look more professional
Speaking of professionalism, it helps your business establish a stronger brand reputation. When a work van is branded with the company’s colours, website, contact info, and logo, it creates an air of professionalism for your brand. This inspires confidence in your customers as they perceive your company as a well-established business.
Think about it. You arrive at a client’s door with a plain-white van instead of a sign written one. What do you think will their initial impression be like? As they say, first impressions last and signwriting can help you earn the trust of your customers the first time you interact with them.
- It helps you attract the right clients
Customers do business with brands that meet their style, expectations, and requirements. And what better way to attract the right clients than turning your van into a driving advertisement? It can greatly improves your brand visibility not just in your local area, but anywhere you go. The volume of foot traffic in a store is insignificant if the majority of that is composed of irrelevant clients.
To make the most out of your advertising dollars, you need to make sure you’re generating interest from the right people.
- It helps protect your vehicle from damage
Whether you’ve bought or leased your company van, it should be in your best interest to protect it from getting damaged. By adding a layer of vinyl to your vehicle, you protect the van’s exterior from scuffs and scratches. Van signage holds up incredibly well against all sorts of weather conditions and when the time comes to return your van to the dealership, you can simply peel the graphics off.
The do’s and dont’s
Before you plaster your work van with all kinds of graphics, here are a couple of do’s and don’ts to keep in mind to ensure your van signage looks clean and professional.
- Contact a reputable signwriting company. That way, you can create signage for your van that represents your brand image professionally.
- Clean your vehicle prior to having it sign written. This ensures the vinyl graphics adhere well to the van and eliminates any uneven surfaces.
- Take care of the graphics. To maximise the lifespan of your signage, make sure to shelter it from harsh elements whenever possible, and clean it regularly.
- Rush your proofreading. A misspelled word or incorrect contact information is a hassle to correct, especially when the graphics have been laid out onto your vehicle.
- Accept poor service. Reputable signwriters take pride in their work and their portfolio should speak for itself.
- Go to the car wash right after. After having your van done, it needs to be left untouched for at least 2-3 days so that the adhesive can settle properly.
Choosing the right signwriter
When it comes to van signage, you want the highest quality work possible. Keep in mind that you’ll be showing off those graphics for the next 5-7 years and they should represent what your brand is all about. As experts in industry solutions, Signs WA has been making signage for decades. With ample experience and expertise in all things signwriting, our team can create the perfect graphics that best match your business requirements.
If you’re interested in transforming your work van into an advertising machine, feel free to contact us and avail of our signwriting services today.